Friday, October 22, 2010

1985, what WHAT!

Okay. So I fail. I haven't blogged in months. Since March Madness concluded. Perhaps we can just agree that maybe I was too upset with Pitt getting knocked out of the tournament to visit the worlds of the internet. Sure, that works.

But! I rediscovered this ol' blog that I used to frequent, and I thought, you know I'm feeling a little bloggy today (real word. Look it up.)

This post is dedicated to the year 1985, which was awesome in many ways.

Uno, I was born. You are welcome world.

Two, Back to the Future was released. As was The Goonies AND The Breakfast Club AND Teen Wolf AND St. Elmo's Fire.

If that doesn't make you worship the year 1985, what will?

C) How about the music? "Don't you forget about me?" And oh, yeah, there was that little song called "We are the world." Yeah, that happened in 1985. So did "Live Aid."

Honestly, I bet all the years around 1985 are pretty jealous that they aren't as awesome as 1985 was. I bet they cry all the time and think about how they could have been cooler if only 1985 hadn't existed. I bet 1984 and 86 scheme from time to time about how to cut out that middle year and just pretend it never happened.

But it happened, World. It happened. And it was amazing.

1 comment: